Here you will find an interactive and educational webinar introducing you to the Enneagram in couples therapy, led by Michelle Joy, MFT.
This unique and powerful training combines the Developmental Model of Couples Therapy with the Enneagram to help couples transform their relationship in areas they didn’t think was possible.
“I just watched the webinar that Michelle did for the Couples Institute. It was just fantastic. She is a gifted teacher!” ~Dr. Deborah Russo, Psy.D
A NEW WAY TO STOP OLD PATTERNS
Exploring the Enneagram types help you understand why couples keep repeating the same patterns over and over again, no matter how hard you try to get them unstuck. Using this framework helps clients grow and unite over their differences.
This well-researched system is often the missing key to understanding constantly recurring relationship issues. A huge lightbulb goes off for couples when introduced to this new way of better understanding themselves and their partner.
Learning the Enneagram can help your couples:
- Clarify their strengths
- Understand different communication styles
- Discover how to best support one another
- Explore potential conflicts of each type and how to navigate them
- Build compassion and understanding through appreciating differences
- Discover tools and insights to help partners grow into their best selves
- The Enneagram is easy to understand and can be applied in any session, at any stage of therapy. Clients love to learn more about themselves, and they love to have a framework for understanding.
“Michelle’s Enneagram course provided me with a valuable tool in my work with couples and for my own relationship. You will be surprised how much you resonate with your type or how well a type describes your partner!” Julia Pinsky, MFT
WHAT YOU’LL GET
In this dynamic 90-minute webinar with handouts and Q&A, you’ll discover how to use the Enneagram to…
- Help each type manage their most common fears and issues
- Understand each type’s strengths and weaknesses and how each partner can utilize their strengths to succeed
- Recognize the strategy that each type uses to protect themselves, why it actually brings about the very fear they are trying to avoid
- Understand the heart of some of the most painful interactions clients keep repeating
- Help clients out of frustrating, self-imposed traps
- Learn Michelle’s one-of-a-kind approach to helping couples which she coined, “The Developmental Enneagram for Couples®”
Plus you’ll get the following handouts:
- A summary of each type’s strengths, challenges, and common communication patterns within the couple
- A description of what each type does when under stress, and a map for growth.
- A chart revealing common developmental assists needed for each individual within the couple
- Book recommendations, resources and training opportunities if you’d like to go deeper
“This was an extremely helpful class for both professional and personal development. Michelle is a very knowledgeable leader; her understanding of the Enneagram, mixed with her experience as a couples therapist, made it easy to understand how to be helpful to each of the types.”
More kind words from past participants:
“I am finding this very affirming to the other models I use. I am excited, this is good stuff.”
“This has been so informative and helpful. I loved the concise way the material was given. Thank you Michelle Joy for such a packed and interesting presentation!”
“Michelle, Thank you so much for an amazing presentation!!! This is my first exposure to this powerful tool.”
“Thank you!!! Wonderful presentation”
“Thank you Michelle – this was awesome!!”
“Chock full of information!!!! Wow”
“So great. Thank you, Michelle!”
“Thank you Michelle!! You were wonderful!”
“So so good!”
“Wonderful! So clear and succinct for a complex model!”
“Really exceptional facilitator — thank you!”
“Awesome. So interesting and rich with helpful material. Thank you so much!”
“Thx Michelle Joy–it all finally makes sense!”